Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mind/Matter. Mind OVER Matter.

So much of life is mind over matter.  Really.  Our brains talk to us WAY too much.  I mean, I thought I talked a lot, personally.  But my brain really doesn't shut up. EVER.  So, recently (like a day ago), I decided that I need to do more of this:

A few posts ago I mentioned how so much of my life is about being mindful.  In that we need to be mindful of our every day thoughts.  When things are bothering you do you REALLY pay attention to what your brain is saying.  REALLY pay attention?  If it's negative, change it.  Flip it around.  Tell your brain to shut it and press on.

This morning I had no motivation WHATSOEVER to work out.  I had a plan though.  My intention was to have lunch with the little dude, give it a half hour, put him down for a nap and blast thru a video.  And I did.  Why?  Because I kept telling myself I was going to.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.  I just did it.  I am thankful.  I was simply one workout away from a better mood (I have been a grump-ass the past 24 hours and it really needed to stop)... and I TOTALLY JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY. 

Now, in being mindful of my thoughts... why was yesterday a total grump-ass day?  What was yesterday.. a really cool date (11/12/13).. but it was my "rest" day.  I did no exercise.  I can't tell ya what I ate because I really don't remember.  I know that the majority of the day I kept thinking about exercising, even talked about working out with someone in the near future... but I didn't exercise.  Why?  Because my calendar said "rest." 

I designed that calendar three weeks ago.  I only rested because it said to.  Perhaps I should be mindful, listen to my thoughts, see what's so grump-ass about them and do the opposite.  I probably should have just worked out.  Duh.  It's all I thought about and researched throughout the day.

P.S.:  Even retail therapy didn't help yesterday.  That's gotta tell you what a natural anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication working out is and how beneficial endorphins are for your body. 

Just listen to your thoughts and... just do the opposite... until your brain is trained to only say the good stuff.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment